29 Apr Top 2015 Cake Trends
Here are the top 2015 cake trends that we’ve found! Whether you’re all about the bling or you like the classic all-white cake.
Take a look at your options below and see what cake you gravitate towards!
1. Cake trios, quartets and quintet tables come with a couple big benefits. For one, a large cake table like this gives you the opportunity to create a visually stunning display at your reception, which means you get another place to show off your wedding colors and theme. Another perk – having more than one cake also makes it easy to choose multiple cake flavors (so you don’t have to decide between traditional vanilla, decadent chocolate and carrot cake). Guests get choices, which is awesome for them , but try not to choose more than eight options of desserts—too many choices can overwhelm them.
2. Ombré Cake Trends: Recently, the ombré trend has popped up everywhere, from fashion to hair styles and nails. Now, stylish brides are opting for ombré colored wedding cakes. The soft fading effect of the bride’s favorite color looks elegant and can be done with a range of colors, including pastels in the spring and deep, rich hues in the fall. Love it!
3. Bling is Always In: A bride can never go wrong with a little bling on her cake. Cakes can be blinged out using rhinestones, colored crystals and event dark gems. Plus, having edible glitter is just cool!
4. Mix Florals and Tiers: For an unexpected pop of color between neutral toned tiers, fresh flavors add a whole new dimension and texture to an otherwise plain cake. Not to mention flowers are beautiful anywhere you put them.
5. Monochromatic: Monochromatic wedding cakes that feature a single color, often in a few shades, have been very popular this year. This theme is in line with the overall simple, yet an elegant cake design that is definitely in this year.
6. Metallics are big for stationery and nail colors but not it’s huge with wedding cakes as well. They can adapt to any style; delicate embroidery in gold feels opulent while geometric shapes give off a fresh, modern feel.
7. Ruffles For a seriously elegant look, skip the bold patterns and add-ons in favor of subtle embellishments with allover sugar ruffles. The look is light and airy and needs very little added detail. Finish it off with fresh flowers in between each tier or a few sugar flowers on top.
8. Naked Yep, you read that right. With the deconstructed cake, you get to show off the inside. For a summertime wedding, berries work well; in winter and fall, ask your baker to fill the layers with seasonal fruits, like apples, pears, persimmons or even blood oranges. Talk about trend-setting and beautiful!
9. Painted Take a cue from customers are doing with invitation designers and ask your cake baker to get artsy with your cake design. We’re talking marbleized cakes, stained-glass painted cakes and even Monet-inspired wedding cake designs. Pair those hand-painted tiers with solid-colored layers or even simple flower accents. AMAZING!
10. Illustrated Did you know you can actually have anything you want printed onto your cake? It’s true. Pick anything you like — from the design on your invites to the quote from your first-dance song or even your wedding motif, like a bicycle, oak tree, or anemone flowers – to have showcased onto your cake tiers.
As always, head over to our Pinterest to see more inspiration for your next cake!
PS – we want all of these cakes!
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.