13 Apr Theme Parties
So, you’re planning a party…
That’s exciting, stressful and definitely a lot of pressure to deliver. But there’s nothing like sitting back at the end of a well-planned party and watching your friends and family enjoy the fruits of your labor.
After doing the basics of picking a date, creating a guest list and sorting out the basic details, now you choose a theme.
We’ve been part of lots of parties (obviously), but themed parties are always different for a couple reasons.
Themed parties cause different feels for all in attendance. Whether you re-create certain eras from the roaring 20s or a time when pirates sailed the seven seas, live in a fairytale world for an evening, or relive the disco era. Or you keep current with a “Keep Calm & Party On” theme, all of this is possible and easy – with the right invitations, decorations, tableware, favors and most important – music!
1. When planning a themed party, the first step is pick the invitations that let your guests know what to expect and if a costume or certain dress code is enforced. Getting in invitation with a theme is usually colorful and will catch their eye as well get them looking forward to the party.
2. Find decor that will make the party complete! For a beach party – Make your own private beach. Sand, umbrellas, lounge chairs, lifeguard stands, for a Luau – Tiki torches, leis, limbo stand, firepit. For a mexican fiesta – Pinata, sombreros, red/white/green table skirting, mexican blankets. The only limit is your own creativity, and if you need inspiration, take a look here. Remember, the first impression of a party’s success or failure will be determined by the decor – it’s sad how that works, but it’s true.
3. You can incorporate activities for your guests. Select activities that would appeal to the group you have invited and theme. If you have a pool at your venue, you could always play water volleyball, host a bathing suit contest, or hire a group of synchronized swimmers. If you are having a beach theme party you could play frisbee golf, have a bonfire, a game of coconut bowling, or even a hula contest. For the more adult crowds,you can bring out a blow up pool, two slip-n-slides for races and a limbo contest.
4. Food is another thing you can base around your theme. However, it could get too specific for the guests you have in attendance. If it’s a sea theme, seafood may not be the way to go since people do have allergies. You definitely don’t want to have to take a break from the party because Sally ate seafood.
5. MUSIC!! We know a thing or too about this. Whether you have a themed party or any party at all, know that music is a HUGE factor! Your guests want to have a good time and you want them to remember your party for years to come. Music will always be the icing on the cake!
Soooo, when planning your next party, know that we can help you with whatever aspect you need. Invitations – we’ve got em, decorations – yup, party games – you have no idea, and music – come on now.